This page explains the main things you’ll see on this blog. It also offers a bit of a preview for posts in the works, as well as plans for future categories. Consider these hints a treat for investigating the site.
Last updated September 11th, 2021.
The main thing you’ll see on this blog is Writing. The following are the types of writing that most often appear here.
- Concepts: prompts and ideas that you’re welcome to use. If you do end up using one in your work, link it to me, I’d love to see it! I’d also appreciate you linking to the post where you got the prompt from, within your own work. Concept posts frequently belong to one of these subcategories, although more are possible:
- Boyfriends: for writing and drawing boyfriends!
- Girlfriends: for writing and drawing girlfriends!
- Joyfriends: for writing and drawing joyfriends! (this category will be going live next month).
- Kickass characters working their kickass jobs waving their kickass flags! Kickass Character Bot is a character prompt generator I programmed a year ago. This category contains some of my favorite selections from the results.
- Discourse and Opinions. I’m not a super judgmental person, but when you’re on the internet as much as I am, you see a lot of things that need to be judged. And while I’m not a super opinionated person, some things in life, you do need to have opinions about… such as supporting marginalized people. And ending the tyranny of meatloaf!!! (This site is rated as Safe For Meatloaf… for now.)
- Drafts: this a container for my stream docs, which up ’til now I’ve been throwing on google drive. A lot of time and labor goes into crafting finished writing pieces, so hopefully, these will help demonstrate that to non-writers. These often represent multiple hours of writing, in addition to stream management and community interaction. They’re also an invitation for fans and fellow writers to study my process. If you like my drafts, thank Eurymachus, they’re the reason why I publish them in the first place.
- Flash Fiction, on this site, is defined as any piece of prose equal to or under 100 words (not including notes and alt text).
- Interviews with queer content creators. If you’re queer, and you share anything at all with the world, you can be featured on this site by filling out this form linked here.
- Parenting. I was parented very badly. If you’d like to avoid my parents’ mistakes, read on. (This is a newer category that will see more use soon).
- Poetry. I’m a poet, and you should know it~.
- Short Stories, on this site, is defined as any piece of prose equal to or under 5000 words (not including notes and alt text). As more and more stories get added, I plan to differentiate between <1000 word stories and >1000 word stories, as well as additional word counts; but at the moment, I’m content to jumble them all together.
- Shout Outs. Cool people you should know about!
Other categories include Affirmations, Art, and Free Verse. I don’t currently plan on using them very often, but here are there descriptions.