I’ve also got a pexels collection where you can check out all the photos (and more) that I’ve gathered for this chapter’s moodboard.
Page numbers listed herein may not match the page numbers in yours.
- 20: Beowulf had made the best of all he had, putting each imperfection to work in the service of his integrity. Thus, his real strength lay in the balance of his person―which is, perhaps, another way of saying that he was strong because he was good, and good because he had the strength to accept things in him that were bad.
- 21: The horseman drew himself up proudly. “I am Hrothgar’s coastgaurd,” he shouted. “No one bent on mischief gets past me.”
- 23-24: Beowulf looked about him as he marched, taking everything in, tall cliffs and deep valleys, each tumbling stream and pebble winking brightly in the sun. His head moved on his shoulders like a bird’s: alert, inquisitive, shrewd.
- 24: The coastguard watched them go, thinking how brave and doomed they looked, until they were so far away that he could no longer hear the clinking of their armor.
“HFE, thank you for creating and sharing so much art and writing for free. How can we help turn your passion and skills into a full-time gig?”
I’m glad you asked!
If you can commit to a monthly tip, you can set that up via twitch or patreon. Twitch also lets you set up alternate payment schedules: every three months and every six months. Ko-fi lets you set up monthly payments now, too!
And if you have no money to spare (understandable), one way you can help me out is by commenting and using as many share buttons as possible. Commenting gives me feedback on what works y’all are passionate about. Sharing helps expose my works to new people. The bigger my audience grows, the more audience members with money will encounter my works.
Thank you for taking time to read this. I hope you enjoy what you’ve found here.
- Homework (links in this piece):
- HFE productions.
- pexels collection ― Robert Nye’s Beowulf: A New Telling.
- spotify playlist for this book.
- youtube playlist for this book.
- HFEpro tumblr tag “Loki”.
- Jimquisition: I Hate The Word ‘Consumer’.
- National Association of the Deaf ― Community and Culture FAQ.
- archive.org ― Robert Nye, Beowulf: A New Telling.
- HFE productions.