When you’ve got things to do and caves to hew, it’s important to set realistic goals. And also embrace that not all of your goals may get completed.
As a writer, wording is important to me. I love whimsical, fantasy-related words such as quests. If that’s what gets you going, do it!
Here are my writing quests for this random week in my life, in order of importance.
- Complete the Himbo Squad Campaign: rendering Lord Glorfindel‘s ill-fated escort mission and the Fall of Gondolin down to four or five 1000ish-word chapters. I’m the guy who writes 100-words, I got this! I only got one more chapter.
- This is a Patreon exclusive!
- $5 to see what my characters did those three poor men, that mother-murdering motherfucker Eöl, the murder victim / escortee Aredhel, and their kid who stood no chance in hell of surviving a few vague threats―never mind an actual torture session! And also what my characters are doing to poor Kenken.
- We’re basically doing 1001 Nights, but with magical, shape-shifting children; and their father who becomes a giant, dark blue werewolf if he comes home to his children burning down the house because they’re bored.
- Further reading: Shamus Young’s DM of the Rings.
- Edit Day 2 of Let’s Go, Mírieliel!
- Collect shenanigans for Day 3 of Let’s Go, Mírieliel!
- Draw the Sacred Seven Red Rebels I’m bringing in for Pokémon of the Rings.
- Not a writing quest, however, I don’t do enough art to justify making a separate post about my visual art quests. And besides, this one, which will have six creatures + their trainer, will be plenty of art to do!
- Go more in-depth with Mike Emerald from Littleroot Town’s backstory for Pokémon of the Rings. If Tolkien’s characters get to have overly-complicated backstories, so does mine!
When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.Sun Tzu.
If you’d like to commission a story from me, it’s $25 for 500 words, and $50 for a thousand, although feel free to offer me more money!
Preferred topics: Elves, animals (especially mammals such as cats, wolves, and foxes), kindness, lightning, winter and other snowy / icy things, darkness, and magic.
Please specify what pronouns your character(s) use. And keep in mind, 500 words fills up fast, especially depending on how many characters you’ve got. Feel free to send me any and all important notes and images you’ve got for your characters.
I tend to complete projects in a week.
Message me on twitter with your commission, or drop a comment if you need my email.
“HFE, thank you for creating and sharing so much art and writing for free. How can we help turn your passion and skills into a full-time gig?”
I’m glad you asked!
If you can commit to a monthly tip, you can set that up via twitch or patreon. Twitch also lets you set up alternate payment schedules: every three months and every six months. Ko-fi lets you set up monthly payments now, too!
And if you have no money to spare (understandable), one way you can help me out is by commenting and using as many share buttons as possible. Commenting gives me feedback on what works y’all are passionate about. Sharing helps expose my works to new people. The bigger my audience grows, the more audience members with money will encounter my works.
Thank you for taking time to read this. I hope you enjoy what you’ve found here.