DuCiel (she/her) is an asexual artist, writer, and game developer. I asked her about herself and her content, as well as content she’s been enjoying recently. You can check out DuCiel at the links at the end of the interview.
- What queer terminology do you use for yourself publicly, offline and / or online? Do not feel pressured to come out as anything in your answer. Please only disclose whatever you’re comfortable with.
- What non-queer demographic terminology do you use for yourself? (nationality, wealth, ethnicity, race, disability / ability, neurotype, age, education, occupation, for example). Again, please only disclose whatever you’re comfortable with.
- white woman.
- What content do you produce?
- Video games.
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not creating content?
- gaming: both pen & paper and video games.
- listening to audiobooks.
- watching anime.
- What does the queer community needs to do better about understanding, accepting, and supporting?
- Just not being so mean to asexual and aromantic people.
- What are you excited about going forward? Can be anything from creative projects, personal or professional milestones, etc.
- I’m excited to publish my next video game, Project Swordsmith.
- Are there any pets or plants in your life?
- I have a lot of plants but they don’t have names or anything.
- What content creators have you been enjoying recently?
- I’ve been reading a ton of books, absolutely ruined by Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir most recently.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- I think my favorite thing about myself is the ability to analyze and learn and grow to new levels of insight.
You can purchase DuCiel’s game, the Lattice Grimoire, on steam.
If you’re a queer content creator who’d like to be featured on this site, fill out this form. It’s free and fun, and you get to promote yourself!