Lissa (she/her) is a queer asexual artist. I asked him about himself and his content, as well as content he’s been enjoying recently. You can check out Will at the links at the end of the interview.
- What queer terminology do you use for yourself publicly, offline and / or online? Do not feel pressured to come out as anything in your answer. Please only disclose whatever you’re comfortable with.
- Asexual or Queer – is the identity I tend to use. The specifics are more complex but it gets to be a mouthful to say “bi romantic – grey-sexual”.
- What non-queer demographic terminology do you use for yourself? (nationality, wealth, ethnicity, race, disability / ability, neurotype, age, education, occupation, for example). Again, please only disclose whatever you’re comfortable with.
- I’m a college educated American middle class woman. Pretty non exciting or interesting as far as demographics go. Most exciting thing about me is I have red hair and a cocktail of anxiety and depression.
- What content do you produce?
- I’m an artist. My art is inspired by history and vintage art techniques. I lean a bit on the morbid humor and nerd references.
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not creating content?
- I play video games and read when I’m sick of those.
- What does the queer community needs to do better about understanding, accepting, and supporting?
- The community need to stop fussing over labels and gate keeping. Simple as that. The more divisions we create in the LGBT community the easier it is to tear down.
- What are you excited about going forward? Can be anything from creative projects, personal or professional milestones, etc.
- After a rough year or so – I’m working on getting new merchandise set up and working online events this fall.
- I’m also organizing an online winter market.
- I’m enjoying seeing how the artist community as a whole is adapting for the pandemic.
- Are there any pets or plants in your life?
- I have a black cat named Mina I rescued last spring. She’s been a highlight of lockdown.
- I also have started a small herb garden – but we’ll see if they last.
- What content creators have you been enjoying recently?
- I recently got into Overly Sarcastic Productions which is a delight.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- My sense of humor. It’s probably not for everyone – but it’s kept me going through some bad patches. My jokes may be bad but its better than misery.
Lissa can be found on twitter and facebook.
If you’re a queer content creator who’d like to be featured on this site, fill out this form. It’s free and fun, and you get to promote yourself!