Jay (they/her) is a queer artist. I asked them about themself and her content, as well as content she’s been enjoying recently. You can check out Jay at the links at the end of the interview.
- What queer terminology do you use for yourself publicly, offline and / or online? Do not feel pressured to come out as anything in your answer. Please only disclose whatever you’re comfortable with.
- Online, and with trusted friends, I identify as somewhere between being trans-fem nonbinary, and a full trans woman, as well as use she/her or they/them pronouns.
- What non-queer demographic terminology do you use for yourself? (nationality, wealth, ethnicity, race, disability / ability, neurotype, age, education, occupation, for example). Again, please only disclose whatever you’re comfortable with.
- I’m 18, white, just graduated high school, and have Aspergers (or going my modern definitions, simply ASD), I suppose.
- What content do you produce?
- I mainly do digital artwork, but lately I’ve tried to also take interest in writing and game design.
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not creating content?
- I enjoy listening to music, and playing video games (especially my 3DS).
- What does the queer community needs to do better about understanding, accepting, and supporting?
- We need to stop letting bigots (for example, groups like the LGB Alliance) split us apart. We are stronger as one singular community, and that is the only way for us to have the strength we need to fight for our equal rights, no matter where we are.
- What are you excited about going forward? Can be anything from creative projects, personal or professional milestones, etc.
- I’m excited to eventually move out of my parents house, and have the freedom I need to begin presenting more feminine, and not have to work as hard to hide some of my interests.
- Are there any pets or plants in your life?
- My only true pet is my Red-Eared Slider turtle, Kawa. He’s my precious son~ <3.
- What content creators have you been enjoying recently?
- Although neither of them are explicitly queer (even though they both seem to be supportive of such identities), I enjoy watching Chuggaaconroy and Scott The Woz on YouTube.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- My favorite thing? I suppose I like my ability to be upbeat/humorous even when things aren’t going very well.
If you’re a queer content creator who’d like to be featured on this site, fill out this form. It’s free and fun, and you get to promote yourself!